Greatest hits

I've been a reminiscing a bit tonight. I didn't do so good in keeping up with this blog, but with nobody really reading it, there didn't seem to be much point. Yet it still captures a good part of the journey that I've been on for the last eight years plus.

This weekend I hope to finally turn the switch on an idea that has essentially taken a decade to evolve. What started out as a mission to help create the global mind has now become a mission to create a viable third political party in the United States. I honestly don't know anymore if I'm just crazy or if this really is actually a brilliant idea. None of my friends have been (so far) ready to call me crazy, but there has also been a fare share of skepticism.

These questions have only helped further refine what the Foundation Party is all about, but at the same time it makes me wonder if this will ever really take off in the way that my mind seems to imagine it to. All I know is that I simply can't wait any longer. As I look back at all that I've thought through and all that has happened and needs to happen the world, I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to go all in.

It's a gamble for sure. I'm now a father times two and with a wife raising our children I can ill afford screwing things up royally. At the same time, I think I'll simply lose it if I don't at least give this all a shot.

So here it goes. Here goes a revolution. Let it fail or let it succeed, just let me find some kind of path for doing what it is that I truly feel that I'm meant to do. I once read a Quaker story about how if a feeling is just fleeting, it is nothing more than an impulse. Yet if there is something persistent, something that simply won't go away, but rather grows ever stronger. It is divine. Not in any strictly biblical sense, but rather something part of the wonder and awe in the universe. That is ultimately how I feel about the Foundation Party.

It's not longer just a concept, but rather an obsession. Something that is both so real in my mind and yet so unreal in the real world. Does that make it impossible? Perhaps, but I guess I'm tired of the question. In a few more weeks I think I'll have my answer.

Wish me luck. And if you actually get what I'm talking about, please, please help me.

Comments

Kristina Smucker said…
I love you and you're not crazy. A dreamer for sure, but that doesn't make you crazy. Especially if you follow your dreams.
Joe Van Steen said…
Who says crazy is all bad?

Popular Posts